Crystals pick up and take on negative energies through emotions, thoughts and physical interaction from their owners, their environment and also from others who handle them. Therefore its prudent that crystals be cleansed periodically to clear these toxic energies and be recharged.
You can clean your crystals by:
1. Immersing them in salt water for 24 hours under the *sun or moon light or by wiping them with a damp cloth soaked in salt water.
2. Immersing them in a bowl of brown rice for 3 days on an altar or in the NW corner of a room, home or business.
3. Immersing them in a bowl of purified water with fresh flower petals such as marigolds, sage blossoms, sun flowers, iris, honeysuckle, daisies, roses, rosemary blossoms, lemon blossoms, carnations, cherry blossoms and apple blossoms.
3. Smudge using herbs such as lavender, sage, cedar and bay.
4. Crystal programming (aka thought projection). This is the most difficult and requires focused concentration and experience in meditation and working with crystal energies.
5. Reiki/Sekhem/Seichim which utilities specific symbols channeled through the breath and hands.
6. By burying in the earth (garden, pot plant, sand) for 24 hours.
7. By sound intoning using crystal bowls, chanting, Tibetan singing bowls, sistras, bellydance symbals, bells, tuning forks and singing.
8. By placing them on or within a clear quartz or amethyst quartz: cluster, slab or cave. You can also place a smokey quartz single terminator crystal on top of them.
I like to make my own crystal cleanser which I put into a spray bottle and then spray over my crystal jewelry, caves, slabs, balls, and other shaped crystals due to convenience. This same cleanser can be added to a bowl or tub of purified water which you can wash your crystals in.
Tina’s Crystal Cleanser (© T. Georgitsis 2001)
1 teaspoons of Rock Salt
250 mils Orange Blossom Water
A pinch of Fresh Rose Petals (omit if you will not or cannot refrigerate)
3 Drops of Essential Oil of Clove
Small Amethyst Crystal (Pebble Sized)
300 mil Capacity Spray Bottle
- Place crystal in bottom of spray bottle.
- Crush rock salt into fine powder and pour into spray bottle.
- Pour orange blossom water and clove oil into spray bottle and shake vigorously.
- Add Rose petals and refrigerate until needed (refrigeration isn’t needed if rose petals are not added).
© All articles, recipes and images T. Georgitsis 2014
*= Do not place amethyst, lavender quartz, rose quartz, smokey quartz, ametrine, beryl, fluorite, danburite, citrine, aquamarine, celestite and kunzite in direct sunlight as it fades.
** = Do not use on soft porous crystals such as: malachite, selenite, angelite, howlite, aragonite, azurite, dolomite, as it will deteriorate the crystals.