What is Florida Water?
Florida water is a cologne type water used for spiritual and magickal purposes in the Americas (originally used and created by Caribbean and African descendants). The name comes from the flowery tones of the scent as well as references to The Fountain of Youth which is rumoured to be located in Florida.
It is used to clean, purify, heal, protect, banish negativity, break hexes, as offerings to the spirits of the dead and as a base of scrying water.
Tina’s Florida Water (© T. Georgitsis 2014)
- 200 mls of rosewater
- 200 mls of orange blossom water
- 50 mls of vodka
- 8 drops Lavender Oil
- 8 drops Bergamot Oil
- 3 drops Clove Oil
- Small handful of dried purple sage blossoms OR jasmine blossoms(you can omit this if you like)
- Own Perfume
- In a glass bottle with a wide mouth pour the dried sage blossoms.
- Add vodka.
- Now add rose water and orange blossom water.
- Add Lavender, Bergamot and Clove Oil.
- Add a few sprays or drops of your personal perfume.
- Shake and place in dark cupboard or refrigerator (if herb added) for a moon cycle.
- After a moon cycle strain the herb out, then use.
Simple Use for Florida Water
Add a capful to your mop bucket and wash the floors to dispel negativity in the home.
© T. Georgitsis 2014